Ingredients : serves 4
- 100 g cheddar cheese , grated
- 100 g carrots , grated
- 100 g cooked ham slices, cut into strips 4 x 2.5 cm
- 4 tablespoons thick bottled mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon French mustard, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Butter for greasing
- 4 Crusty rolls
- Put the cheese and carrots into a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the ham, mayonnaise and mustard and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon into buttered crusty rolls and serve at once.
Some useful tips:
- total preparation time is 10 minutes
- this versatile salad can be served as a topping for a toast or a filling for toasted sandwiches ; it is ideal for packed-lunch sandwiches because it is moist and will prevent bread or rolls from becoming dry.
- 460 calories per portion
NB : Recipe taken from the Nice and Easy cookbook, part 85.
Enjoy your meals hey.
Good health to you.