Ingredients :serves 6
- 400 g can apricot halves
- 425 g can cherries, drained
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 50 ml light rum
- 2 bananas
- 150 ml pint soured cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar and ground cinnamon
- Put the apricots , with their can juice , in a frying pan, together with the cherries, cinnamon stick and rum. Bring the mixture almost to boiling point.
- Peel and cut the bananas into diagonal slices , then add to the pan of apricots. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Allow to cool then cover and refrigerate for 2 hours until completely cold.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce : put soured cream in a serving bowl, together with sugar and cinnamon, to taste .Mix very well , then cover and refrigerate until required.
- To serve: remove and discard the cinnamon stick from the chilled fruit, then spoon the fruit into 6 bowls . Hand the sauce, sprinkled with cinnamon, separately.
Useful tips : 80 calories per portion
Nb: recipe taken from the nice & easy cookbook.
Good health to you.