Some have found that arriving at appointments a bit ahead of time actually reduces stress. Punctuality also enhances a person ‘s reputation. Below are some facts why punctuality matters most :
- It indicates competence – when you are on time it shows that you try to be in control of your life instead of allowing circumstances to prevent you from doing the things you want to do.
- Punctuality suggests dependability – in a society where promises are often broken and commitments often ignored , people appreciate those who stick to their word. Dependable people earn respect from friends and family and even from business clients. Employers value those who arrive on time at work and meet deadlines.
What are some of the things you need to do to be punctual ?
- If you find that you are always late for appointments, perhaps your schedule is too full.Why not cut nonessential time wasters? Schedule more time between appointments and aim to arrive early. This will allow for unexpected circumstances, such as traffic congestion or bad weather.
- First decide whether an appointment or deadline will fit your schedule before agreeing to it. By overbooking , you add stress and frustration to yourself and others.
- Give priority to the more important tasks
Applying the tips given above in your family and business life may make you a reliable family member and dependable business leader or employee.
Good health to you hey.