Ingredients : serves 4
- 250 g lamp liver, thinly sliced
- 350 potatoes , roughly chopped
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 25 g plain flour
- half teaspoon dried mixed herbs, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable or or lard for shallow frying
- Heat the oven to 110 C
- Put the liver, potatoes and onion through a mincer, then put in a bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon until well combined
- Stir in the egg, flour and herbs and season to taste with pepper. mix well together
- In a frying pan, heat enough oil barely to cover the fritters.
- Fry spoonfuls of the mixture for three to four minutes on each side until browned. Drain on absorbent paper and keep hot in the oven until all fritters are cooked. Serve at once.
Some useful tips : – This is a good recipe for encouraging children to eat liver, which is high in food value.To add interest , fry the fritters in different shapes such as rounds, or ovals. When the fritter mixture is dropped from the point of the spoon it forms a round shape and when dropped from the side it becomes oval.
- Instead of mincing the potatoes and onion, can be coarsely grated and the liver cut into very small pieces and mixed together thoroughly .
- 340 calories per portion.
[NB :’ Nice & Easy’ recipe]
Good health to you