Friends are coming around for dinner at a short notice, don’t panic , just follow this super quick, super delicious menu : the ingredients are not complicated and the meal can be on the table in under an hour.
Ingredients : Serves 4
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons thick bottled mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 quarter teaspoon mustard powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- garnish 4 lettuce leaves and sweet paprika
- Put the eggs in a sauce pan and cover with water, bring to boil, then lower the heat and simmer gently for 8 – 10 minutes. Drain off water and hold pan under cold running water to cool the eggs quickly. As soon as they are cool to handle, tap each one once against a hard surface to crack the shell, then cool.
- Put the mayonnaise in a bowl and stir in the lemon juice, mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the shells from the cold eggs, then slice the eggs. Reserve 8 slices and chop the rest. Mix the chopped egg into the mayonnaise.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on individual serving plates and spoon the egg mixture on to them. Garnish each portion with two egg slices and sprinkle with paprika.
Serving ideas : The egg mayonnaise can also be served on triangles of buttered brown bread.
NB: Recipe taken from ‘Nice and Easy Cookbook’
Good health to you